Ullal : MESCOM staff suffered serious injuries due to electrocution at Chembugudde MESCOM sub division on Wednesday evening.
Bommappa, aged 26 from Manikatte in Shiggavi of Haveri district is the inured MESCOM staff. Bommappa was working on contract basis under contractor Praveen Suvarna for the last 5 months.
When the painting work was underway at the sub division, electric current passed through another line and Bommai’s lower part of the body caught on fire. He has suffered serious injuries.
The other MESCOM staff shifted him immediately to a private hospital at Deralakatte.